At 05:48 PM 10/20/03 -0400, Scott Braaten wrote:
>On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:28:51 -0400, Evan Osler <[log in to unmask]>
>wrote:
>
> >Ahhh - here's the word on the streets (of NOAA, that is):
> >
> >http://www.noaa.gov/s2100.htm
>
>It's hard to forecast against such a large, ongoing drought.  Seems to me,
>that most forecasters are putting their marbles in another normal to below
>normal New England winter in terms of temps (knock on wood).

'kay, this from my buddy Russ the weather dog (and a damned good
forecaster) who in addition to his TV duties does private forecasting for
ski areas):

For Noo Wingland, cold this winter, though not so cold as last winter.

Wetter than normal.  That's in total moisture equivalent, mind you. Some of
that does come as immature snow, and he does think there'll be a January thaw.

That said, he thinks it'll be a helluva winter.  Lemme put it this way:
skiing to him is nearly as important as his kids, and he's psyched.