--- You wrote:
Following is the headline.  Can anyone explain how you can install towers *on*
a glacier? Skip?
--- end of quote ---

Glacier lifts are nothing new......way back in 1968 thereabouts we spent 3 weeks
at Zermatt and our favorite lift was the Theodol Glacier T-Bar which ran right
up the Glacier with the towers placed into the glacier and ended at a steep
cliff right on the Italian border.

We also skied from the Dufour Spitze on Monte Rosa ( looking down onto the
summit of the Matterhorn ).

Hugh H