    Jason> My opinion is that since you are asking about "dry, wet,
    Jason> [snip] road noise, and tread wear" you're in line for the
    Jason> Q's, not the 1's or 2's.  The 1's and 2's are for "who
    Jason> cares about non-snow performance, I just don't want to die
    Jason> when it is snowy" situations - ie no compromises snow
    Jason> tires.  The Q's have compromised snow performance (compared
    Jason> to 1's and 2's) to get you some of the non-snow performance
    Jason> you are asking about.

I'm not so sure about this. All I know is what I read on the Web, and
what the guy at the tire shop said, and what I know from my own
experience with the Q. But I don't think the Q has anything like
compromised snow performance, or better dry-pavement performance, and
I don't think Nokian markets them that way (that would be the
NRW/WR/whatever). The marketingspeak for all three of these tires
seems to be nearly identical, actually.

That may be the impression given by the non-studdableness of the
Q. Another way to look at it is that the Q's don't *need* studs.

My experience with my own Q's is that they're noisy, OK but not real
great on dry pavement, and outstanding in snow and ice.

Dave G.