On Wednesday, October 15, 2003, at 03:03 PM, Eric J Krupka wrote:
> So how do the 1's, 2's, and Q's (all without studs)
> compare as far as dry, wet, snow, and ice handling;
> road noise, and tread wear?

I cannot enlighten upon the difference between 1's and 2's (I've got
1's without studs on my MINI which is front wheel drive with traction /
stability control and have had no problems at all).  My opinion is that
since you are asking about "dry, wet, [snip] road noise, and tread
wear" you're in line for the Q's, not the 1's or 2's.  The 1's and 2's
are for "who cares about non-snow performance, I just don't want to die
when it is snowy" situations - ie no compromises snow tires.  The Q's
have compromised snow performance (compared to 1's and 2's) to get you
some of the non-snow performance you are asking about.

--
Jason - "redraobwons"