Well I used to know a rally driver/navigator.  He said that Haks are the next
best thing to the rally race spec tires.

That being said my 'rents had great success with the Blizzaks.  Both on
long mostly VT interstate commutes and tricky VT backroads.  Plus they're
Bridgestones, tire of choice of the greatest race car driver ever.

El Scorpion