This is what it looked like in Old Forge, NY sunday morning.

http://isc.astro.cornell.edu/~don/pictures/Moosefest/SundayMorning

People even kayaked that day. Not I. I'm in training (dry land) for ski
season. Paddling at 45 degrees the day before was challenging enough.

We have snow on the ground now, but just a dusting. My deck is white. None
in town though. It's a start anyway. Ski swap this weekend. KOD around the
corner and Okemo opens Nov 8. I hope to ski that weekend. Let's hope the
snow and cold weather stays. Long term forecast looks good for it. They
should start blowing snow now. Even with warmer temps this weekend, it will
remain cold at night for the next 2 weeks (according to accuweather.com).

I'm thinking there may be a substantial amount of plaid that weekend at O
and K. OK.