On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:54:02 -0500, Henry, Chris <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I suspect tomorrow's opening will be pretty lame.  There nearly zilch in
>the way of natural precip in the mountains the entire month of October.
>Their web cam shows some of their snow making efforts, which appear less
>than impressive:

Yeah it was pretty warm for most of this month, got in more tennis than I'd
planned on. It was actually starting to look like October was going to be
more difficult to get turns than September was. But it did cool down 4-5
days ago and even Breckenridge has been blowing snow. Loveland opened today
with a top to bottom 1000 vert blue bomber. It was really good as
artificial goes - can't remember a single icy spot - it was fast and soft
and surprisingly uncrowded. Lotsa fun, and no sir, not lame in the least.