        It certainly DID snow in the mountains last night and the snow line is
quite low indeed...not as low as the homestead -- but mighty CLOSE.
Low enough that the top of the Pinnacle in Worcesters is nicely covered
all the way down it's flanks, not to mention the cloud-shrouded white
peaks.   It looks like a significant (for October) bit of white stuff
up there.

        Winter HAS ARRIVED in northern VT.  Temp is barely above freezing as I
write.

        Stowe is talking about a mid-November opening...we'll see.

        Carol