From: David Guertin [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2003 10:50 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] A few pics of snow...

>>>>> "Chromer" == Chromer  <Chromer> writes:

    Chromer> (film? how quaint!)

Sign me up on the quaint photo team. After years of hearing how

a) digital photography has finally equalled film quality; and
b) digital cameras are really cheap now

I finally decided to convert my SLR setup to digital. Then I priced
what a digital setup comparable to my modest SLR camera and lenses
would cost. Alas, I discovered that a) and b) above are mutually
exclusive.

So I kept the old SLR and bought a film scanner instead, at about
1/10th the price. It's a lot of fun, plus I can digitize all my old
slides and negatives.

Dave G.