On Thursday, November 6, 2003, at 09:55 AM, Harley W. Blake-III wrote:

> I'd agree with a lot of this. If classes are so huge as
> to put anonymity high, and there's not anything enguaging
> going on, Student may learn more from the net - or even
> solitair !~)

Add to this, they probably have

- several expensive textbooks (that the professor might just be reading
   from - as did most of my professors in my field)

- grades dependent on a midterm and a final exam so attendence at class
   is primilarily religio-cultural-obligatory

Add to this that googling on the web might be more productive than
doodling
in a notebook ...

Steve