On Thursday, November 6, 2003, at 09:55 AM, Harley W. Blake-III wrote: I'd agree with a lot of this. If classes are so huge as to put anonymity high, and there's not anything enguaging going on, Student may learn more from the net - or even solitair !~) Add to this, they probably have - several expensive textbooks (that the professor might just be reading from - as did most of my professors in my field) - grades dependent on a midterm and a final exam so attendence at class is primilarily religio-cultural-obligatory Add to this that googling on the web might be more productive than doodling in a notebook ... Steve