This has been the year of the Fox Sparrows for me!
3 yesterday and 3 again today (plus all last week with 1 or 2 daily) in my
back yard in Shelburne

The single female N. Bobwhite (now monikered: "Bobette") was also back for
very brief visits yesterday and today after I missed seeing her Thursday or
Friday. Her schedule within the day isn't nearly as regular as Amtrak however.

It seems to be a year, this Fall, where my chipmunks disappear early for
the winter (as in 2001), as haven't seen one in Nov or even the last week
of Oct.

With the sun out this beautiful afternoon, we fortunately got all the yard
leaves put away!
Enjoy the last of the fall, Larry Haugh