The rain this morning didn't stop me from having a good day watching birds
around the feeders, at home in Shelburne.

I had my first American Tree Sparrow for the fall season.
I also continued to have a Fox Sparrow, an almost daily occurrence since
Oct 23. One day (the 30th) I even had two of them!
I also had 6 Purple Finches (3 male and 3 female) today; beyond all the
other usual birds (including white-crowned and white-throated sparrows
yesterday).

But the highlight was seeing my first Northern Bobwhite in VT!
I had heard one very briefly from my yard in early May 2001, but it was a
distance away; and I have never happened to see one by the country roads as
others sometimes do.
This was a female on her own checking out the area.
Not sure where she came from; but it was nice getting good looks at her so
close.
Larry Haugh