Flock of twenty-five Pine Siskins just swirled in Sunday morning to my feeder
in Leicester, joining the "usual suspects" - chickadees, tufted titmice,
nuthatches, downies & hairies, goldfinches, and blue jays.   In the afternoon
heard, and briefly glimpsed, a pileated;  also a flock of 20-30 canada geese
flying up and down Fern Lake.  While walking the dog in the south meadow the day
before, we stood for a few minutes watching a pair of common redpolls (5ft away
and quite undisturbed) munching on birch nutlets.  Also two kinglets in the
pine tree, but didn't have my glasses on so couldn't tell which kind!  Must have
been Gold-crowned as there was lots of "see-see-see"ing as they left.

Shelagh Smith.