Had to make a hospital run to Burlington yesterday, but we were cheered by
the birding along the way:

First a juvenile Red-tail perched on the wires by the side of Rt 7 in East
Middlebury, which was in the same spot when we came back at 2 pm.

In the cornfield at the junction of Rt 7 and Three Mile Bridge Rd in East
Middlebury, around 9:15, there was a VAST gathering of snow geese.  The two
flocks covered 90% of the field.  I have only seen more snows than that at Dead
Creek!

Travelling up Rt. 116 we spotted Canadas at Dow Pond, maybe 30, in and out of
the water and on the lawn.

Shelagh Smith in Leicester.