Apologies for the very late message, but I just returned home from the
holiday weekend, and had to in fact join the list in order to post
this.  My wife and I were in Burlington for the holiday weekend, and I
was treated on Thanksgiving Day to a first-year Atlantic Puffin at the
Burlington waterfront near the public boathouse.     I observed the
bird for the better part of an hour, with looks through bins as close
as twenty yards or so.  The bird was actively diving for fish on the
north side of the boathouse, between it and the Coast Guard boathouse,
and would stay submerged for long periods, tens of seconds, if not
minutes, at a time.

This was our first visit to the Burlington area, and I did not expect
to do any birding of note, so I did not bring an RBA number with me.
I've checked the archives and seen no notice of this, nor any remarks
from Burlington in fact.

Robert Scott
East Boston, MA

PS: We were also treated to a near fly-by Peregrine on Thanksgiving, as
well.  It was an excellent day for birding!!!