        I spent the day at DC Sunday 11/9.  It was a beautiful day,
clear air and bright warm sun.  Lots of hawks, RT, SS, RL and others too
far away to id.  A few GB Herons, various sparrows, wood peckers, etc.
But to top the day off, at about 4:00 with the sun low in the western
sky and lighting up the mountains to the east, almost the entire flock
of snow geese simultaneously flew up to about 1000 - 2000 feet, swirled
around and around in the sunlit sky in the distance with the mountains
in the background, and then heading off to the south!  Wow!  It was like
something out of "Winged Migrations".  I will never forget it.  It felt
as though I was on the tundra in the Northwest Territories. Spectacular!