Yesterday (11/09/2003) we had two blackbirds at our backyard feeder for over
40 minutes that were in full breeding plumage, adult males both.  I had the
time to take several photos and glass them at 30 feet; even with Sibley in hand
I could not find any way to be certain of the supposed differences between
Brewer's and Rusty bb's.  No accompanying females (which have differing eyecolor)
or any vocalization.  My quandery is a.) what are they doing here in Georgia,
VT, in November? and b.) what about the breeding plumage in November??
Sibley says "Jan-Aug" for this plummage for both species.
  Probably would not have posted this except for the number of Icterid
sitings posted already.
Ray Barnes posting via Liz Alton <[log in to unmask]>