        We went up to Dead Creek this afternoon - the geese are gone.  None,
Zero, Zilch.  All is not lost however - we saw our first Rough-Leg (dark
phase) of the season, and an interesting duck just north of the dam by the
impoundment.  It was probably a female Lesser Scaup, but. . .
        It was medium sized, had a chocolate-brown head, a bright yellow eye
without an eye ring, no white at the base of its mottled blue-black bill,
and was quite dark on the top its back (its body was buffy).  No obvious
knobs or tufts on its roundish head.  Could it be a tufted duck?  We wished
someone that was better at ducks than we are were there.
        Mona and Larry