There has been a great deal of activity at our feeders in Charlotte over
the past few weeks.  This weekend we welcomed back the first tree sparrows
of the season along with two juncos, visitors we rarely see.  There have
also been two tufted titmouse visiting the feeders regularly in the past
two weeks.  In the three winters I've been at this location, we've never
had more than one just passing through.  This morning, amongst the usual
mourning doves, blue jays, chickadees, white-breasted nuthatches, house
and gold finches, tree and house sparrows, I noticed a male redwing
blackbird.  Also heard and saw a pileated woodpecker and about half a
dozen robins.

Holly F. Hungerford
Vt. Public Television
88 Ethan Allen Ave.