I have been asked to find references to the difference in renal failure in
postoperative patients (not heart transplants) depending on the use of a
general anesthetic or a spinal anesthetic.  I have searched PubMed and CINAHL
and have come up empty.  I used anesthesia, inhalation AND anesthesia, spinal
AND (kidney failure OR renal failure) and variations in PubMed and a similar
search in CINAHL(general anesthesi AND spinal anesthesia AND kidney failure)

I just think there must have been some work on this published in the last 5-10
years.  Please help if you can!  You can answer at [log in to unmask] or
[log in to unmask]  Thanks!
                                          Jean Richards
                                           Librarian
                                           Medical Library