I think this can be a complicated question. I think 40 hours is considered
full time, but full time does not necessarily mean you must have any
particular benefits other than federally mandated leaves of absence,
overtime etc. An organization or business can determine their own policies
about the benefits they provide and what they would consider full time in
order to be eligible, or if they want to prorate benfits for part-time
employees. Some places consider full-time to be 32 hours, while other places
may prorate benfits for employees who work 15 or 20 hours a week.