Weighing in as a Tax Collector, the Town of Weathersfield has an outside
drop/lock box at the Town Offices for after hours.  If the tax payment is
in the box when we open the next morning, we consider it timely.

After several discussions last year with the Secretary of State's Office, I
also added an article to the Town Meeting warning last year to establish if
the postmark would be considered a timely delivery.  The meeting voted
almost unanimously to consider any postmark up to, and including, the due
date to be a timely payment.