If this is a "Certified Copy" that we are providing does it get charged
the "certified rate?"

-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Charles Merriman
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2003 9:46 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: copy of grandlist

Hi Kim:

As Town Clerk of Northfield, you are the custodian of the certified
grand
list that gets lodged with you after conclusion of listers' grievance
hearings. 32 VSA 4151. This is a paper document, not an electronic
document.

The custodians of the NEMRC electronic grand list are the listers. So
technically, InfoUSA should be asking the listers, not you, for this
document. However, if the listers are ammenable, I think you could burn
disk of the NEMRC grand list that you sent to PVR. Bear in mind that
InfoUSA
has to pay for the disk and any time over 30 minutes you folks spend on
it,
consistent with either your town policy (if you have one) or the
schedule
put out by the Secretary of State. You can require payment before
delivery
of the public document, too.

Call if you need any help on this.

Charles L. Merriman
Special Assistant Attorney General
Department of Taxes, Division of Property Valuation and Review
PO Box 429 State Street
Montpelier, Vermont 05601-0429
Tel. (802) 828-2731
Facsimile (802) 828-5873