If this is a "Certified Copy" that we are providing does it get charged
the "certified rate?"

-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Charles Merriman
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2003 9:46 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: copy of grandlist

Hi Kim:

As Town Clerk of Northfield, you are the custodian of the certified
list that gets lodged with you after conclusion of listers' grievance
hearings. 32 VSA 4151. This is a paper document, not an electronic

The custodians of the NEMRC electronic grand list are the listers. So
technically, InfoUSA should be asking the listers, not you, for this
document. However, if the listers are ammenable, I think you could burn
disk of the NEMRC grand list that you sent to PVR. Bear in mind that
has to pay for the disk and any time over 30 minutes you folks spend on
consistent with either your town policy (if you have one) or the
put out by the Secretary of State. You can require payment before
of the public document, too.

Call if you need any help on this.

Charles L. Merriman
Special Assistant Attorney General
Department of Taxes, Division of Property Valuation and Review
PO Box 429 State Street
Montpelier, Vermont 05601-0429
Tel. (802) 828-2731
Facsimile (802) 828-5873

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kim Pombar" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 8:39 AM
Subject: copy of grandlist

> I received a request from InfoUSA, Inc for a copy of our grandlist. I
> understand this a public record and I should fill the request is this
> correct? They are asking it be sent either e-mail or on a cd in ASCII
> format. Just would like some input as to how anybody else would handle
> Thanks & Happy Holidays to all!!