-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Deb Beckett
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 4:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Paying property taxes on-line

Hello, I have set up about 50 accounts now that we
automatically withdraw from their accounts for tax
payments on the installment dates.  We also
automatically withdraw a specific amount each month
for about 15 taxpayers.  This generally works well.
The monthly payments are done for those who have
delinquent taxes due.  It has been a very positive
response to those who have gotten seriously behind in
their taxes.
Give me a call if you want any more information on
this.  Overall I am pretty happy with the ACH banking
method.
Deb Beckett (878-5121)