In North Ferrisburgh our Cardinal count is down. So far we only seem to have one pair where as we used to have 10 or 12 pair. The Chickadees are making up for them though. How do you count them... they are always on the move! We have started getting C. Redpolls coming this past weekend with the storm. I also had about 5-10 Robins still hanging around in the Cedar trees. The weekend before the storm we had a pair of Flickers hanging around. Maybe they will stay for the Xmas count. There were also a group of Ravens 2 weeks ago.

The one winter when we had one lone Bobwhite it would sleep under our woodshed and then come out in the morning to feed. She made it through the winter, but never showed up again.

Merrie Perron
North Ferrisburgh