Thanks, Larry and Mona - Your   reminder about head size for Cooper's and
Sharpies came at   the exactly right moment - right after I'd glanced out my
window and seen what I thought at first was a humongously fat grouse squatting in
the snow under a feeder. A split second later I realized it was a hawk, with a
mourning dove in its talons. I think it sensed me at the window and flew away
with its breakfast, leaving me with the sharpie-Coopers question. Now I'm
realizing that I first thought "grouse" because the bird looked quite pin-headed.
When it turned slightly, I also got a good view of its small bill - so I'm
pretty secure calling it a sharp-shinned.

Maeve Kim
Jericho Center