Today, Dec. 29th, seven bald eagles at the mouth of the Otter Creek (Ft. Cassin
Rd.), two adults and five immature. One of the immatures was apparently working
on its breakfast. Also, seven (my lucky number)hooded mergs, along with the
predictable waterfowl. On Basin Harbor Rd. a northern shrike intimidating a
redtail into choosing a different tree as a perch.
Also, on Dec. 27th along West Shore Dr. in So. Hero, a young peregrine offered
perhaps the closest views I have ever had of the bird.
Alas, no redpolls.(Should I scrutinize flocks of tree sparrows?)
Greg Askew
Burlington