Hi,

I work in a Medical Library that lost its Systems Librarian position this year.  We are updating our job descriptions right now to include a lot of the systems duties that have been divided among our library staff, particularly that of the Office Assistant.  That position is now so much more technical not only because of this position loss, but also because of new library systems such as ILLiad.  We are now upgrading the Office Assistant position to require a Bachelor's degree and knowledge of various computer software.

Have any libraries upgraded positions to the para-professional level?  What type of justification/support materials did you use in your proposal?  Will you be willing to share the job descriptions/salary ranges with us?  Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance--I will definitely summarize for the Listserv!

Nital

Nital Sheridan, MLIS
Outreach Librarian
Ochsner Clinic Foundation Medical Library & Archives
1514 Jefferson Highway
New Orleans, LA  70121
Phone: (504) 842-3763
Fax: (504) 842-5339