On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 01:42:25 -0500, Jim B. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Oh yeah, close to 30" in Williston... the Champ. Valley snow hung on for a
>while... Bolton musta got a ton.  With semi-liquid precip due later in the
>week, the b/c should be ripe very soon.

After the rain, the models (namely GFS) go on Nor'easter patrol and have 3
of 'em hitting New England in a 7 day time period.  That is not likely to
happen, but it shows where this pattern should be going.  Nearest one is a
week away, so there is plenty of time for hair pulling.  Backcountry would
reallllly be ready if we thaw'd just enough to compact the snowpack then
got hit with a series of nor'easters...we can all dream.

-Scott