Got to squeeze in another morning with the grrls before the holiday
festivities(yawn) started Saturday afternoon.  Morse Mountain was freshly
groomed.  Hillary immediately took off faster than I've seen her ski yet.
Her confidence and risk taking are slowly gaining.  I let Hannah go
unleashed on the lower pitched stuff.  She tells me she doesn't like to
turn.  Yikes.  After a few quality runs on the corduroy, we headed for the
car and made our way to granny's house, or something.
Sunday, as Jim was about to depart for a little b/c excursion with his walk-
man, it dawned on him to call me.  I needed the hike after the fat-fest
eating frenzy the day before.  Needless to say, Jim came over and we headed
for the mountain.
Fast forward to blue skies blazing sun and balmy temps.  Super-grip sticky
snow made for an serious pace down low, but things softened up above 2500'
or so.  We passed 3 groups and almost a fourth near the top.  Just as we
were about to perform our disappearing act into the woods, I spotted two
hikers.  Jim and I made like we were scanning longingly at the horizon as
they passed.  Just then, another hiker-guy came around the corner wearing a
giant snowboard.  It was none other than snowboarder Stan.  Jim and I were
busted.  We couldn't not show him the goods since he was the 1st to give us
a tour of Rastaman and Burning Spear (for you non-gearheads, that's 2
kicking MTB trails).  He was very pleased.  We were very pleased.  We
bombed down the previously unknown chute into the open glades through uncut
powder until we dropped onto the CCC.  As I was cruising along I almost
crashed into two gomers standing above the headwall entrance.  They were
taking pictures of each other wearing garbage bag diapers.  Amazingly
enough, it was in preparation for a descent down the headwall.  Apparently,
it must be thrilling.  They beckoned us to follow but did some more side
excursions into the deep powder instead.  The lower trail was packed hard
but soft enough for phat edges.  We ended up running into Kris and his boys
(3).  They were out doing some property management work.  The last of the
trail and subsequent road was very fast.  We tucked the entire way.
Nothing but the sound of JAKS slapping the snow.  Extra big reebs and
spring-like scene in the lot.  Sally and Sammy garbage bag were nowhere to
be found.