Yeah, it was a bad day.  My post was a bit over the top.  Thanks Carol for
your good sense.  Few people on the List know it but I actually have a
very sharp temper that I have struggled with all my life.  It is rare that
I lose it now but it can be done if the exact wrong button gets pushed.
That is what happened when the young man behind the counter refused the
courtesy of looking me in the eye or answering with a single word.  In
truth he doesn't deserve that tirade.  Putting myself on the other side of
this encounter, what would I do if faced by such an angry and obnoxious
customer on a day when all the staff were no doubt stretched to their
limit.  Probably not much better.  Probably an "I'm really sorry about
that, would you like to speak to my manager" ought to be taught when they
do staff training.  In a larger sense that incident was really just the
last straw.  When the mountain sets up their staffing structure and
organization they know what to expect or they should.  They also know that
customers paying top dollar might expect top dollar service.  What a
concept.  So it is really the generals and not the foot soldiers that
deserve the blame.  I apologize to all the hard working people on the
Stowe staffand I empathize with the situations that in which their
management places them.