I can't believe it.  I called the Chittenden County Clerk on Friday and was upset because there was no information about putting it in a separate box, who was picking up, who was counting, etc.  She told me that we had to count and it wasn't being comingled.  She also told me that the SOS office advised we could put it on the town ballot as long as it was stated that it was a county election and not a town election.  I already got last-minute board approval to put on our ballot.

Someone better let us know what we have to do.  If we have to count it separately, that means four different ballots for my town.

Cheryl
Essex

>>> [log in to unmask] 01/20/04 11:54AM >>>

-------Original Message-------

From: Juli Lax
Date: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 11:50:56 AM
To: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
Subject: Re: Ballot for Court Renovations

Colleen:

I talked to Paul Guiliani (attorney for the court) on Friday, and he said
the Courthouse renovation ballot had to be separate, and had to be kept in a
separate box, and comingled with the other towns before counting. Paul
seemed to think that someone from the sheriff's office would be picking them
up from Town to Town.

I would much rather have it on the town ballot with a separate heading as
this will make 6 ballots for Huntington.

How did you get permission to not have ballots comingled? Can I also get
this permission?

Juli