From mountwashington.org:

"07:08 PM Wed Jan 14, 2004 EST
Our phones have been ringing all day today with
inquiries of our temperatures. Yes it is cold up here,
even by our standards. Over the past twenty four
hours, the lowest wind chill was 102 degrees below
zero... but I can tell you, it felt more like 500
below to me! Once again we have recorded a new record
low today of 45 degrees below zero. Now our focus
shifts to Thursday night, when a low moves by while
intensifying over the Canadian Maritimes, driving even
more cold air into the region. There have been talks
of fifty degrees below zero Fahrenheit, which would
break New Hampshire's state record low of minus 47,
which was set up here in 1934. Wow, was it really this
past June that we tied our own record high of 72
degrees?"