Hmmmmm...

As long as they're not race stock or spatulas, I suspect the problem may not be
so much that they were too much of an expert ski.  Size, however, may have had
something to do with it.  How tall is he, and what length ski was he using?  It
should be significantly shorter than his straight ski from the olden days.  Were
the edges sharp?  Does he know that all he has to do is roll from edge to edge,
and that the skis will turn for him?

El Scorpion

Quoting Dan Bjorkman <[log in to unmask]>:

> A co-worker of mine is looking to get back on the slopes after about 12
> years of not skiing.  Never been on shaped skiis, until his last time
> out.  He strapped on some Volkl 5 start super sports or something.  They
> were expert skiis, way too much for him.  So, does any of you experts
> know or have opinions as to what ski would be best for him.  He's not a
> very aggressive skier, prolly no bumps...  Maybe is there a website for
> him to start with?  Any help would be appreciated.

Benjamin Kulas
Graduate Research Assistant
Archive for Reformation History

Division for Late Medieval & Reformation Studies
Department of History
University of Arizona
Douglass 315
Tucson, AZ 85721