First, I'd like to thanks everyone who sent me responses to my query about
e-mail groups for health professionals. Here is a summary of those

There are a number of ways to find e-mail lists for health topics. You can
use general list directories. For example, CataList
(http://www.lsoft.com/catalist.html), the official catalog of LISTSERVs.
(While the word "LISTSERVs" is sometimes used generically to refer to e-mail
lists it is actually a trademark of L-Soft, which makes an e-mail list
server.

Topica’s email lsit directory at http://www.liszt.com cites thousands of
e-mail resources including newsletter and e-mail groups.

The Net (http://www.tile.ne) also has a number of e-mail lists and
newsdgroups on its directory. Other places to look are faqs.org
(http://www.faqs.org/faqs/mail/mailing-lists), and Yahoo! Groups egroups

There are also a number of list directories that focus on health-related
lists. The following were provided by Valerie G. Rankow.

Association of Cancer Online Resources, Inc. (http://www.acor.org)

Disability / Medical Related Discussion Lists
(http://www.makoa.org/listserv.htm)

Evidence Based Health-related Discussion Lists
(http://www.shef.ac.uk/~scharr/ir/email.html)

Listservs for medical librarians
(http://www.chu-rouen.fr/documed/lis.html#medlist)

Nursing Discussion Forums (http://www.ualberta.ca/~jrnorris/nursinglists)