On Feb 6, 2004, at 10:46 AM, Tammie Patten wrote:

> We have not only a digital divide but a cultural divide in our schools
> because teachers and parents have no clue as to what a child's world
> is with regard to technology.

I agree ... that was what I was thinking of, though not in such stark
terms, about adults learning how to accept "pre-adult" participation.

One of the conflicts that comes is that the "world" is really the world
that "adults" (and media) construct.  Part of the conflict that surfaces
in middle school and high school centers on this fundamental power
relationship.