Greetings, Butterflyers:

Here's another chance to enjoy butterflies in winter. Now that we've completed work on the historic specimens at the University of Vermont, we're turning our attention to data from the 2003 field season. We need volunteers to double-check our data entry. This involves taking specimens or photographs and their corresponding voucher cards and checking that they've been entered correctly into the VBS computer database.

This won't be as freewheeling as the UVM session, but there will certainly be an opportunity for you to look at and learn from butterfly specimens. Plus, we'll provide refreshments. And it'll be a great opportunity to hang out with other VBS volunteers.

The session will run from 9 am to 4 pm on Sunday, March 7, at the VINS North Branch Nature Center in Montpelier. Come for all of it or part of it.

YOU MUST REGISTER IN ADVANCE TO ATTEND THIS SESSION. If you can join us, please send an email to [log in to unmask] (AND NOT TO THE ENTIRE VTLEPS LISTSERV).

This should be another fun day in the good company of butterflies. We hope you can make it.

Bryan Pfeiffer and Kent McFarland

Vermont Butterfly Survey
A Project of the Vermont Institute of Natural Science
27023 Church Hill Road
Woodstock, VT 05091

www.vinsweb.org/BioBlitz