Allen -

I can't speak for anyone else here, but I think that is a FANTASTIC idea.
One of the things that is unfortunate as new members find the list is the
depressing tendency for non-ski related BS (politics, stooopid rants, what
have you) to crowd out the useful content.  If we could use the model of
other forums I've used whereby there is a main skiing-only forum, a
politics (News & Views) forum, a dirty joke forum, a place for archiving
all the great movies/pictures/images scattered about, and a sports forum,
perhaps everyone would be happy.

My only question is the extent to which such a forum would be able to be
hosted within the servers of UVM.  I really don't know.