I agree with Skip.  Sallright the way it is.    Jimski

Allen Evans <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Skip,
Its fine if your not interested in this, but just so you know, it would
be MUCH more user friendly than that "forum format" web version of the
list serve.
I personally think it would bring a lot more people to the forum.

Michael,
As far as hosing goes, I have built a forum on my UVM web space before.
The only problem is that I don't want to be held responsible (since it
would be my web space) for any inappropriate content that might get
posted and it would be too much work for me to go around all the time
and delete possibly offensive posts. Got another idea of where to host?
I know of some places that are free, but they require little (text
only) ads and might be a bit slower (only noticeably to broadband
users)

'Chromer,
See above,
and,
Perhaps I could find forum software other then phpBB that would be lessgraphic and therefor less taxing for your modem?

Looks like I'm gonna give up on this thought but at least I tried!
Anyone else still in favor of this idea?

Allen

On 13 Feb 2004, at 3:21 PM, Skip King wrote:

> At 02:55 PM 2/13/04, Allen Evans wrote:
>> Hi there,
>> My name is Allen.
>
> Hi, Allen.
>
> (snip)
>
>> Anyone like the idea?
>
> Nope. There's no end of skiing bbs out there. The listserv format is
> one
> of the things that makes skivittles unique. Besides, you wanna read the
> list in something approaching a forum format, go to
> http://list.uvm.edu/archives/skivt-l.html
>
> skip

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Finance: Get your refund fast by filing online - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - SkiVt-L is brought to you by the University of Vermont.