Anybody on the list using this beacon:

http://www.backcountryaccess.com/bcaproducts/tracker/tracker_home.php

It was the one they were using on the TGR site in the Beacon practice video.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Skiing Discussion and Snow Reports
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Michael Bernstein
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2004 11:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SKIVT-L] Beacon Failure contributes to death in Valhalla
Avalanche

I guess an important question to look into now is WHY the beacon failed?
Manufacturing defect?  Trauma to the unit itself?  From what we've heard,
it looks like it was fairly new and had been checked out that morning.  On
the TTips forum there has been a lot of discussion about failures of this
particular model, and it wouldn't surprise me if that were the ultimate
cause.  We shall see.