I've received a lot of email like the one below, the common characteristics
are shown here.

The subjects I have seen are:
        Email account utilization warning.
        E-mail account disabling warning.
        Warning about your e-mail account.
        Notify about your e-mail account utilization.
        Notify about using the e-mail account.

The emails are from one of:

The messages themselves are different, the are on the topic of the Subject
and they sound like they could be valid.

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Stefanie Ploof wrote:

> Everyone,
>
> I have received several reports from around campus that the message
> below with a MoreInfo.zip or other .zip attachments that are ACTIVELY
> INFECTED with a virus have been received by many of us.  Please notify
> your clients not to open the attachment of this message, since it is
> actively infected with W32.Beagle.J.
>
> Technical Support Group is working to stop allowing these attachments from
> being delivered, but obviously some already have been.
>
> Our latest virus definitions for SAV are detecting the enclosed virus, but
> please don't ever open ZIP attachments from strangers.
>
> Stefanie

Tim Raymond                             [log in to unmask]
Director                                EM Computer Facility
233 Votey                               Burlington Vt. 05405
The University of Vermont               (802) 656-0508