On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Chris Moran wrote:

> Not enough.
> 1) kill'emall
> 2) send an auto reply to the sender's address informing them that their
> computer is sending out virii. After X such replies over Y days without a
> notable "fix", ban their email addresses.
>
> muahahahahaaaa.
>
> These days it seems silly to just turn a blind eye to it all. People
> should know better than to open any old email attachment. And if not, they
> should be immediately educated.

I'm sure TSG will respond before I even press ctrl-x to send, but we
intentionally don't send an email to the "sender" because many virus
messages are spoofed these days.  So, the recipient of the "you're
infected" message is confused because they have a Mac, isn't a valid
address, or is really ticked off when Sally's infected computer sent out
John's email address 1000+ times which generates (SPAM) in return to John.

We're not doing anything with eyeballs...