GroupWise 6.5 comes with GroupWise Messenger.  It is limited to users in
your Novell NDS tree (usually the same as your GroupWise users).  It is
available from anywhere based on a client that is downloaded from its
own web server.  Instant messaging sessions can be archived for use
later.  Its a cool product.  I would be concerned about the use of any
other IM product.  I believe that FirstClass also has an instant
messanging component.

Jack W. Barnes, CNE
Network Administrator
CCSU
802.878.1374

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that
you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover."
--Mark Twain

>>> [log in to unmask] 03/05 3:52 PM >>>
I am far from an expert on this subject, but as a network administrator
I am
very concerned about security issues surrounding instant messaging. Is
anyone else worried?

Here are some links that I've looked at.

http://www.i3connect.com/perils.html
http://www.symantec.com/homecomputing/library/i_message.html
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/company/corpsales/imSecurity.jsp;jsess

ionid=ADze2wXjEf7JjC1dgTpgK5QOSbKyjHfatBhwq2sXz0ZQPiNZexPk!1306942422!-10626
96905!7551!7552!-844702886!-1062696903!7551!7552
http://news.com.com/2010-7355-5163671.html

Doug Reaves
Bellows Free Academy
Fairfax, Vermont

The information contained in this communication, including any
attachments, is confidential,constitutes privileged
communication, and is intended only for the use of the
addressee. This message may not be forwarded without prior
consent from the sender. The information in this e-mail is
also protected by the rights afforded under Family Educational
Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and school district policies.
Any unauthorized use, forwarding, distribution,disclosure,
printing or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
us immediately at 802-879-8192 or return e-mail,and delete any
copies of this message immediately.  Any inadvertent disclosure
of this communication shall not compromise the confidential
nature of the communication.