Hear, hear Bonnie
Bart Bean
-----Original Message-----
From: Johnson, Bonnie [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 1:26 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: FW: Intima Media Thickness

From my experience in the vascular setting IMT measurements do not alter outcomes, nor the management of the patient, it is not easily reproducible between different technologists and different equipment and it is not a billable service. I don't know about the rest of you, but I do not have time to do studies for free nor to screen patients who do not have disease. There are just too many sick patients that need our time.  bj

Bonnie L. Johnson RDMS, RVT, FSVU

Stanford University Medical Center

Director, Vascular Laboratory Services

Division of Vascular Surgery

-----Original Message-----
From: Kathy Palmieri [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 12:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]

I am curious about the usage of measuring the intima in the vascular community. It seems to be a huge issue with cardiologists, as is vascular remodeling, but haven't heard much from the vascular surgeons about the benefits of this added information. Any comments?? k

Kathleen Palmieri, RVT
Senior Consultant
Cardiovascular Technology Resources
Skaneateles, NY 13152
http://www.krpaccreditation.com
phone (315) 685-0631
fax (315) 685-3209

Please note that the information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

        Thank you,

        Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian and its Affiliates