Good day all,
Sorry for the duplication but I wanted to reach medical and science
librarians.

We are trying to make a case for mandatory graduate level library
instruction (since we only have graduate level here).  All students are new
to the library (and campus) so it seems a sensible idea.  But we would like
to show the Dean some evidence of other institutions requiring instruction
AND giving faculty status to librarians.

If you could let me know what goes on at your institution, or even provide a
web page, I would be most grateful.

By the way, I've seen snowdrops and witch hazel in bloom - there is hope for
spring here in the northeast!

Thanks ever so much,
Margaret

Margaret Henderson, Librarian/Web Developer
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Library
1 Bungtown Road
Cold Spring Harbor, NY  11724
(516)367-8825

CSHL Library and Archives: http://www.cshl.edu/CSHLlib
CSHL Memory Board: http://www.cshl.edu/archives/memoryboard.html

Only if we understand can we care. Only if we care will we help. Only if we
help shall all be saved. - Dr. Jane Goodall