Naval Medical Center Library Services, Portsmouth VA
                     is this years recipient of the
 FLICC 2003 Library/Information Center of the Year, Small Library category.

Congratulations to Jane Pellegrino, Lisa Eblen, Suad Jones and Karen White.  It is great to have one of our own recognized from among the many federal  libraries.  The Library and its staff are being recognized for its innovative service, Superior Customer Service, and for provision of knowledge-based resources to optimize military health care, promote research, and support professional growth.

Background on this award for those of you who may not know about FLICC:

The mission of the Federal Library and Information Center (FLICC) is to foster excellence in federal library and information services through interagency cooperation and to provide guidance and direction for the Federal Library and Information Network (FEDLINK).

The awards that FLICC gives each year recognize the many innovative ways that federal libraries,
librarians and library technicians fulfill the information demands of government, business, scholarly communities and the American public.

A small library/information center is defined as a library with a staff of 10 or fewer federal and/or
contract employees.

If you wish to contact her:
Jane Pellegrino   Head, Library Services
Naval Medical Center
620 John Paul Jones Circle
Portsmouth, Virginia 23708
Telephone: (757) 953 5530
E mail: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Website: http://www nmcp.med.navy.mil/library

Jane was too modest to submit to the listserv.  I have been lucky enough to
work with her the last year and a half.  From what I have seen, I think she and her staff deserve
the award.  Additionally, the Library recently moved into newly renovated quarters, with a
lovely view of the river (Naturally-they are a Navy library).

Ursula Scott, M.S.L.S., A.H.I.P.
Assistant Vice President for Learning Resources
Learning Resources Center
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
4301 Jones Bridge Rd.
Bethesda MD   20814-4799