Well, maybe we'll get a nice little surprise out of this thing after all.
From the 8:45PM NWS Burlington update (comments in parens are my English
translation):

NO BIG CHGS IN 18Z ETA/GFS (1PM ETA/GFS model runs) REGARDING UPCOMING
STORM TUE NGT.  BEST
CHC FOR 6+" WL BE ACRS SRN/CNTRL VT.  12Z GFS ENSEMBLE MEAN AND
SREF ENSEMBLES SUPPORT THIS IDEA WITH GREATEST PROB (60%) OF 0.5"
QPF (liquid precip equivalent) ACRS SRN VT.  THE ONE CONCERN IS ETA
TRENDING NWD (northward) WITH LOW
TRACK AND 4 GFS ENSEMBLE MEMBERS INDCTD >0.5" QPF NWD INTO NVT AND
NE NY.

Me likey.  Keep on coming north, big boy.