On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 15:14:18 -0500, Sharon Heller <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Its funny that y'all have said that conditions were quite good.
>
>I just got off the phone with a friend who was supposed to go to MRG with
>me this weekend. Her boyfriend was at telefest and said conditions were
>miserable. Bullet-proof bumps, lotsa ice, not much snow. Now she doesn't
>want to go.

From what I've been able to gather, conditions in the area were better on
Saturday than Sunday.  I only rode Stowe on Saturday, the better of the 2
days, and Stowe has better converage than MRG and/or Smuggs (guessing, but a
good guess).  I believe Bruno, telenaut, and I mentioned that the trails at
Stowe on Saturday were bordering on nasty in some places.  Lots o' wind.
Nasty hard bumps.  Some soft on the edges here and there, but, by and large,
not good on the trails.

So, yeah, if you don't know where to go to avoid the windswept, sun-damaged,
etc, it could suck (relatively).

--
Jason - "redraobwons"