On Saturday, as most of the reports have all-ready pointed out on trail
conditions were packed ice, with patches of ice-cubes piled in well spaced
mounds.  As the afternoon wore on, some of the bear trails started to corn
up nicely, I got a few nice runs on dreammaker before the masses
discovered the ripening vegetable.  Once that became over-run, instead of
ending my day I figured a recon trip to the woods was in order.  I found,
as Jim pointed out, the recent adverse weather had consolidated the snow
nicely.  There was a nice solid (but carveable base) adorned with a fresh
5-6" that was not evident anywhere else on the mountain.  In some well
protected spots, that receive the benefit of wind drifting, there was
several sets of boot top turns to have.  Granted these were less than
popular woods, most with north-northeast aspects.  I ran the rest of the
day making powder turns, and only deeper powder can beat that I guess.  I
did try to enjoy the reserved status of Low-Rider, but it seems it is too
well known for even a rope and skied close to the trails.  Fame is such a
horrible thing.

Sunday was determined to be a day for the old GS boards, and a chance to
enjoy freshly groomed empty trails (atleast 'till the crowds arrive).
They did a good job of moving a nice blanket of ice chunks over the packed
ice, and the courderoy was enjoyable, but even then it was still too easy
to find solid ice.  Every other run I found a hiding section of ice that
really kept me on my toes.  At one point I had a nice slide down the lower
headwall of cascade into the netting.  It is really interesting how easily
ski edges slice through the nicely tensioned net.  I must say that the
weather sunday was absolutely gorgeous, little to no wind, a nice warm
sun, just wonderful.